I don’t think people ever really do plan for “bad times”. We say we have been through them and are ready for whatever life has in store, but do we really plan on going through those times? It’s just not practical! Honestly, most people aren’t looking to fail or go through tragedy; they are looking for the next best thing.
I’d wager that most of us don’t have a list of things to do that looks like this:
- Go work hard.
- Get a great job.
- Eat healthy.
- Marry a great person and start a great family.
- Sink into a deep depression and midlife crisis.
- Bake a cake.
Now, let me make it abundantly clear. We are all going to go through hard times.
We ARE ALL going to go through HARD TIMES.
It’s life. It’s promised to us. As believers, Jesus never said, “I’m going to make your life look like sunshine and rainbows”. In fact, He promised us we’d go through tribulation (John 16:33), but He didn’t just leave it there. He also promised that He would give us peace. He has overcome the world.
So what to do?
- Don’t lie to yourself; Hard times will come. Don’t fight it.
- Don’t try to control things that aren’t yours to control (that’s another post for another day, trust me.)
- Rest in the Lord and in the fact that He has overcome the world and all it’s trouble. He is going to be with us no matter the trial.
- Stay rooted through it all. In the good and the bad times, remember that God has a plan. Seasons of our lives shouldn’t determine our relationship status with God. he wants us to trust Him in the good and not so good.
Some of the best stories are about ordinary people getting through difficult seasons and overcoming. We glorify the results but sometimes have a “montage mentality” when it comes to our growing pains. Let’s keep in mind that God does love us and allows bad times to happen so we can fall more in love with Him, trust Him, and seek Him.
“These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world you will have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
This post was written by someone who wishes to remain anonymous, but show them some love in the comments and through prayer!
WELCOME TO A PLACE IN HIS HEART.
To receive updates and encouragement, Click Here.
Prayer Request? Praises? I’d love to pray with you and hear about what God is doing in your life. Click Here.
Thank you for reading. Leave a comment letting me (+ secret writer) know your thoughts on this post, and stay tuned!